I spent a day or so recently wrangling with the new Native Extension capabilities introduced in Air 3, so thought I’d post up some details of my findings.
Firstly, I’ll be honest and say that I found the process (starting from scratch) to be quite convoluted.
That’s where the Ant script that was included in the Git hub of Small Screen Design helped greatly! I made some tweaks and managed to get Christian Cantrell’s original compass app (which wasn’t supplied with the .ane file) to compile and package successfully.
You can download my FlashDevelop project folder to see the build.xml file and the structure which I’ve used.
Hope this helps others struggling with getting their head around the seemingly dizzying number of hoops to jump through to get Native Extensions humming along